CRM Mitchell1 2024-01-06T23:01:52+00:002013 Dodge Durango CRM Mitchell1 2024-01-06T23:01:52+00:00
- Poor idle. Verified complaint. Barely runs. Misfire. Scanned 3 codes P0300: Random Misfire, P0304: Cylinder #4 misfire, and P0441: Evap emission incorrect purge flow.. Little to no intake vacuum while running. Uneven cadence when cranking over. Cylinder 4 has little to no compression. Need to remove valve cover left side and inspect valve springs. Feels/sounds like intake valve stuck open possible broken valve springs at minimum. May have more severe issue found once valve cover is removed for inspection. These engines are known for camshaft, rocker arm and lifter issues. Will not know until valve cover is removed what is wrong with vehicle. -Performed leak down test. Valve spring is broken. Appears valve is bent. Can not get valve to seat. We can move forward with removing camshafts to gain more access for better view of valve. Was able to manually get vale to close one camshafts were removed. Removed & replaced valve spring on cylinder #4. Reinsalled camshafts. Reinstalled valve cover with new gasket and spark plug tube seals. Reinstalled intake manifold. Road test vehicle is running as is should at this time. P0441 may return as that is an EVAP code and had no relations to broken valve spring issue.
- FULL DIGITAL INSPECTION
- FLOOR MAT & SEAT COVER IN CUSTOMER VEHICLE
- INSPECT & CLEAN ANY GREASE MARKS AND FINGER PRINTS FROM INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF CUSTOMERS VEHICLE WHEN DONE WITH REPAIRS
- RESET SERVICE LIGHT IF PERFORMING OIL CHANGE
- WHEEL LOCK KEY LOCATION_________________________________
- CHECK AND ADJUSTED TIRE PRESSURE AS PER DOOR PLACARD.
ROBERT H. gave our service a 5 star review on 1/5/2024